About Me

My photo
15. Girl. Enjoying life. Big fan of fantasy. Grateful for friends and family.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Leadership Training Camp 2013 DAY 1

Sorry peeps. I was busy lately. :/ anyways. I will be updating during this 2 week holidays so be sure to keep up! ;)
---------------------------------

On the 25th of May, my school, PTS organized a leadership training camp for form 4 students. My lovely parents allowed me to go ^^. It was a 5 day 4 nights camp in Gopeng, Perak. There were different activities everyday. White Water Rafting, Summit Climb, Waterdall Abseiling and much more!

25th May
9 am
I was in the bus with all my group 5, 7,8. I was in Group 6 along with Wenxiu, Celene, Joseph, Adam, Jordan, Bugh, Hui en, Shenyin and Milton. I must say we get along pretty well. There were 18 groups in total. Each group had 10 team members. Our teacher in charge was Tr Andy.

I sat with Ashley (group 5) in the bus. It was a 3 hour trip to My Gopeng Resort.

12pm
The bus couldn't go in to the resort area so we had to take a truck. We had to stand behind the truck with our bags :D it was really fun! PERSONAL EXPERIENCE 1: GOING ON A TRUCK RIDE. Because we were lifted from the ground the trees and branches got to slap us. XD so we had to duck.

We arrived at My Gopeng Resort. We had to pass our phones or valuables to the teachers to be stored in the safe room. Since then my parents can't reach me and I cant reach them because of the poor reception. The guide there: Mr Lim and Mr Kok How. main guides briefed us and welcomed us. We had lunch at the Bamboo cafe located in the resort.

1pm (approximately)
The teachers then assigned us to where are we going to put a night, either dorms or tents. I was assigned to live in tents with 20+ girls including my classmates.

3.30 pm
Team building activity
Each group had 2 to 3 hours to come up with their on tribal dance, statue, symbol with a stone, costumes and war cry. Adam, our general group leader assigned us to who is doing what (actually I assigned them hehe) wen xiu and Celene were doing dance. I, hui en, shenyin, bugh were working on our statue. Milton and Joseph were working on the symbol. We left aside the costume. It was a tough job getting the statue done. Our dance and war cry were simple and weird. :/

6 pm
War cry
We had to present our war cry to the teachers and the camera-men need to film it. :S it was kinda embarrassing really :/ after that we get to bath under the icy cold water. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE 2 : BATHING WITH MY 3 OTHER FRIENDS. We had to make it quick because it was going to rain. Sadly, it did. We had to run in the rain to go to the canteen. Our bags were in the canteen, the teachers moved it from the tents because it was raining. We can't sleep in tents because they were wet so we had to sleep in the first-aid open hall.

7pm
The girls and I took sleeping bags and settle down at the hall. The sleeping bags were new, the floor was dusty but by day 2. The facilitators put a sort-of plastic sheet on the floor. And they layed down all of our sleeping bags nicely. (How sweet!) We then had our dinner, it was simple and nice.

9pm
Campfire/dance
Everyone gathered at the huge field and there was a bunch of wood stacked up. We were looking forward to the campfire but my hopes dropped when they said we had to present our tribal dance. Great. :D our tribal dance was more or a story and we had to sacrifice Tr Andy. It was the boys's idea. All of the performances were really funny and crazy. There was this form 5 team, they took all sorts of different songs and changed the lyrics : I want nobody nobody but William (a strict yet cn be fun teacher) I knew you were sexy when you walk in (points at teacher William) that was really funny XD

11.30pm
After the last performance, we all demanded for the fire. One of the facilitators brough a fire torch and lit the fire. Everyone cheered. It was really beautiful. The glowing ashes were flying out from the fire into the air like fireflies. It was really nice.

12pm
Sharing session
Group 5 & 6 had to share out our own opinions and what we thought about Day 1. The usuals: make new friends, can't wait for the next day, had a lot of fun. Everyone was really tired including me. Duh! 

1am
Zzzzzz
All the girls had to sleep at 1am everyday. We were all tired. But sadly for me, because of the floor, I couldn't sleep. :/. My bones were on the floor and it made me really uncomfortable. I tossed and turned and finally slept but was awaken and k couldn't go back to sleep. I'd only slept for 4 hours. But I know, I was going to enjoy this camp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment