About Me

My photo
15. Girl. Enjoying life. Big fan of fantasy. Grateful for friends and family.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Leadership Training Camp 2013 DAY 4

8 hours of trekking ~~ last activity of the the camp. Sad :( make sure to leave any comments ;)

-----------------------------------

7am
I woke up and stared at the ceiling. Welcoming the last activity of the camp (best welcoming technique ever) LOL? I was worried for Shim. Even in the morning she looked gloomy. Poor Shim.

8am
After the morning exercise, I didn't see Teacher Andy. Usually the teachers will be eating at a table.

9am
Our next activity starts at 10 (I think) so we have time to get ready. I finally asked where was our teacher-in-charge. My friends said that he went to the hospital. My heart nearly stop. WHAT?! Apparently, the night before the other teachers tried to remove the needles, one of them released a red vein to the heart. Teacher Melissa said the red vein releases the venom.

Hah... our group was doomed. Wenxiu and I shared one backpack, it was mine. It was big enough to store our drinking water, food and a few cooking water (1 litre) it was heavy. Me, Wenxiu and Jordan took turns to carry the bag since all of our supplies were in there. I volunteered to carry the bag first because I figured the starting will be easy.

I was really tired and terrified but on the bright side we were the first group who trek. The 5 groups were infront. So if the ones behind can't catch up we had to stop and wait.

12pm
The sound of water rushing made me calm. We were trekking beside the white water rafting river, the facilitator said we need to cross the river at the double-decker rapid. The trekking wasn't that bad as summit climb, in fact, it was a thousand times better than summit climb. It wasn't easy, I had some help from Jordan and I ended up helping Adam.

Kok How was infront of Jordan. I then realized it was good to be in the front because if the ones in the back can't catch up. We can rest while waiting for them to catch up. Hahaha.

We reached the double-decker rapid and everyone had to wait for their turn to cross the rapid. There was a long rope tied across the rapid. I had fun resting. Haha. Appreciated the time. Tr May Peng was slowly killing a big fat leech. Joseph was afraid of leeches and he hid behind my back XD.

I didn't had trouble crossing the rapid as I'm a water baby(according to my dad). Group 6 then continue our journey.

3pm
After 3 hours of relaxing trekking and fresh air. We finally had our lunch. Yep at 3pm.

The other 5 groups were already eating their lunch. We have to start our own fire, find wood, boil water, cook our lunch. Wenxiu and I went to find wood and leaves. The boys started the fire. It was fun. We took turns eating magge mee. I wasn't that hungry. I didn't know why. :/

3.30pm approximately
We finished our lunch and went back the same path. We had to cross another small and shallow river. We hold hands and cross haha. Jordan was carrying the bag now because it was light because we used up our cooking water.

The sky was getting darker and we knew it won't be pretty. We rushed ourselves through the trekking path.

5pm
Time to cross the rapid again. The current was super strong. We can't go one by one know. Everyone had to go all together. It was tiring to fight the current. We held on tight to our rope. Wenxiu almost let go of the rope when we were at shore. My heart was racing, my legs tried to stand to the ground. I was really tired when we reached on land.

It started to rain. Great. The trek was slippery and muddy. I'm all the way back now because we went to the wrong path thanks to the guide. Tr May Peng was behind us and another bunch of helpful boys. Joseph was helping us crossing a wide gap. It was tough and scary. I slipped a few times but managed to grip onto the trees. *PERSONAL EXPERIENCE 5: TREKKING IN THE RAIN*

I was pissed. Because it rain and I was all soaking wet but it made no difference because we were already wet.

We were almost back to camp. I saw the bridge and the road. Cheers! Oh. Get this. The rain stopped when we reached back at camp. Dragging my sloppy legs, I went back to our dorm and bathe with Wenxiu.

6pm
BBQ DINNER
7pm onwards we have our free time. Finally! I tired texting my parents with my friend's phone but it doesn't work. Damn. I hung out with KHENG YUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, David,  Fifi, Yiting.we sat the cafeteria dancing to music. Just chilling.

Tr Andy was back from the hospital, turned out he was fine. Tr Melinda went to the hospital because she can't bend her back. Other than that, it was a peaceful night.

12am
I decided to sleep early but ended up talking to Kheng Yue. It was the last night in Gopeng. It was disappointing. Aside the bugs and lizard eggs, it was fun sleeping in a Sleeping bag with only 2 ceiling fans. The air was cold and fresh. It was peaceful . At last, my eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment