About Me

My photo
15. Girl. Enjoying life. Big fan of fantasy. Grateful for friends and family.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Leadership Training Camp 2013 DAY 3

I would like to call this day: Trekking day. Most Tiring day! Enjoy ;)

-----------------------------------
7am
I had a good sleep. Kheng yue woke me up. I crawled out from my sleeping bag *PERSONAL EXPERIENCE 4: I SLEPT IN A SLEEPING BAG* we got ready for the morning exercise as usual for half an hour.

8.30am
Briefing back at camp
Our next activity was CAVING: GUA TEMPURUNG. I went caving before with my dad so I was kinda looking forward to it. We had to ride the truck again for 20 minutes. Which was a good sign :D All 18 groups were going together.

9am
Truck ride :D
WOOHOO! Dibs in the front as always. Li Pahn and Dylan were beside me and Tr Andy was behind Dylan. I personally like the front because I got most of the air and I can see what is going infront. We will be the first one to duck and avoid getting tree-slap.

9.30am
Briefing
Mr. Lim, the facilitator, briefed us. There was another group for those claustrophobic people. Wenxiu went over leaving us with 9 members. Then we were divided into 4 groups. Our group was Group D (I think) 2 groups were going in from the same way. The other 2 the other way.

10am
Stairs attack
It wasn't that tough as the one I did with my dad. There were built in staircase for us to climb. And they were steep and long. But I must say, the rock formation were stunning. It was tiring climbing up and if went really slow when we were going down. Everyone was. Because the stairs had gap in between and it was stewp.

11am?
Along the way...
The guide warned us that we were getting wet so it would take some time to cross the river. So we waited. At that moment, I was with Chee Foong, Yong Yie, Han Zern and Teacher Grace! :D while we were waiting on the staircase. We chatted. I must say, I get along well with people who I'm not close with.(not that I want to brag) I seldom talk to kheng yue and the others except at night.

We had a good talk, Teacher Grace and I were jumping from topic to topic and we talked about LOTR *fangirls* k.

12pm......???
Getting wet
After sliding down a steep slope. We had to drop into this small hole and fall into the stream. The water was cold and we had to move slowly, we had to lie on our belly and pull ourselves forward. We were all soaking wet. Lucky for me  I was wearing my headlamp so it was safe :) I decided to crawl with my elbows against the ground but the pebbles and stones were hurting my elbows and knees. I had to tolerate it :( but we had to walk often and the boys in front of me were cracking jokes.

1pm
Back at camp~
We were all soaking wet. Back at the truck and in the cave. I got tips about our next activity: SUMMIT CLIMB, from Chee Foong and Yong Yie, they already did summit climb. We were the last group to do summit climb. They said it was reallt hard ab andd tiring. The slope was steep and they made me worry. So I kept on saying to my group mates: we're gonna die for summit.

3pm
Briefing.... @.@
God. I wore my V-neck T-Shirt and leggings for comfort. Because we were going to do a lot of climbing and my rubber boots. The old facilitator briefed us. The weather was getting bad that day, we were planning to reach Level 3 of the climb. Basically, we were climbing up a mountain.

3.30pm
Ughhh....
Jordan was infront of me (ky said best to have a guy infront or behind of you, so they can help us) hah.... Celene was behind me. We were the last who go up. Group 1 first then follow by group 2... I was slow because I got tired easily. Celene, who isn't a help much, keep saying: Chelsea, you need to go faster we're left behind blah blah blah. I was like thinking, dude, you're not helping.

I breathed really loudly XD I was tired out. I'd never been so tired in my life. I took big steps that's why my thighs hurt. And we cant rest until the next level because we were the last group. Sad. 

I gotten help from nature. I grabbed the trees to stable myself and for my own support. And that was why I got a sort-of splinter on my left palm. But eventually I got it out. 

Jordan was a big, he got himself a stick and he helped me throughout. My thighs and muscles were hurting a lot! We were only at Level 1.

4.30pm
UGH.....
Ok, my legs were going to break. Shim and Lionel quit and went back to camp. Yiting was with us now because she rest. Tr Andy was infront of Jordan and he encouraged us, which was good actually. It helped. I guess?

I was about to give up but I keep telling myself: if others can do it, why can't you. So I kept going. We reached Level 2. Halfway through we had to go back down because it was going to rain. So we went back *cheers!*

I had to slide down on my butt because I am very scared of falling down especially when it comes to downslope.

6pm....
Finally!~
I couldn't carry my legs any further it was hurting so much! Wenxiu and I went back to the girl's dorm to bath because we weren't doing any activities after that.

Lucky for the form 5s, they went white water rafting :(

7pm....
Dinner! :D
BBQ dinner~~~~ woohoo. My mood went down because of my legs. They were so damn painful. Muscle crams. :( later on, we could chill. But the teachers got a little activity in store for us.

8pm...
A little activity
We were in our groups, the other 9 groups went for jungle night walk. Our Activity: we have to tie 5 rafia strings to 1 rubber band. Our goal is to make a plastic cup pyramid. Trick is: we can only touch the end of the string.

9pm
We had a little trouble with it. Each group was splited into 2 groups. I was with Bugh, Wenxiu, Joseph and Shen Yin. We were kinda frustrated and tired.

The other group's teacher in charge were there but there was no sign of teacher Andy. He had a few stings on his arms and it was swollen. I figured out that he must be tired out and was sleeping. 

11pm
Shim and I went down to get my phone because my mum couldn't reach me since day 2. THERE WAS NO RECEPTION! I tried calling and calling. No luck. I did sent her a few text messages but it didn't got through. I told Teacher Yuen Shin I got muscle cram and she gave me heat rub. Aw... :3 I applied some on my legs. Every step I take, it hurts so much.
12am
Midnight
Shim told the girls that she doesn't want to do the next day's activity: WILDERNESS SURVIVAL. So I went down with her to talk to Teacher William, Teacher Melinda and Teacher May Peng. Teacher William asked me to go up leaving Shim behind. I don't want to but I had to.

Shim came back crying and we had to comfort her and help her. She had a hard time with the summit climb and she doesn't want to do wilderness survival.

1am
I went to sleep with kheng yue with my muscle crams. Shim was down in the teacher's dorm. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. I was told we were going to be in the jungle for 8 hours. Trekking. So I needed some good sleep. I climbed in my sleeping bag with my muscle crams, regardless of the uncomfortable pillow and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment